Thursday, April 1, 2010

Anglerre: No Foolin'

So I know I haven't been posting on this blog lately -- after that flurry of supers posts, my FATE activities dropped off precipitously, and lately I've been spending time finishing up Leftovers so it can go to layout, and working on other stuff (like this latest Game-Fu entry). And plus, y'know, baby, which also consumes no small amount of time on a daily basis.

Thankfully, we have Guy Bowring and his seldom-ending stream of FATE goodness to keep the blog active. Whew!

Anyway... I thought it might be of some interest to readers that I'm currently perusing Legends of Anglerre. Seriously! I know it's April Fool's Day and all, and this could easily be taken as a joke, since last year at this time we thought we'd have this in November 2009, but for serious real, I have in front of me (all right, on the screen in front of me) a very rough layout of Anglerre. How rough? Well, it's missing an index and a table of contents, the credits page is a placeholder, the character sheet's from Starblazer, there are many references to "page XX," it has yet to be proofread, etc. The point is, though, it exists, and for those of us who've been wondering when that was going to happen, that's... something of a relief, at least for me. Not that I thought it wouldn't happen, because I knew it would. The relief is that it's April instead of, say, July.

I'm told that, in the interest of keeping the page count down (yay!), Anglerre won't be quite as image-heavy as Starblazer. In a way, that's a shame -- all those images are a large part of Starblazer's charm, IMO, but if I had to make a choice, I'd rather have a book of a manageable size (and price?) than ~150 pages of scanned art. We should be through with proofing by mid-April, which means actual, physical product sometime in May.

Mark your calendars! And let the last leg of waiting begin!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! That's great news!!

Now I just gotta stop trying to edit the SoG psionic effects on Google docs (netbook portability trumps desktop functionality, ATM) and get that next post together.