Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Small LOA Companion Update

I have a tiny update on the Legends of Anglerre Companion, for those who are interested. And honestly, if you like LOA at all, you should be very interested, because this is shaping up to be a very good book.

Anyway, I sent in some last-minute revisions to the City Adventures chapter today. I used to think it was pretty good; now I think it's pretty great. Minor changes, but they make a big difference. Sorry I can't be more specific than that, but I can at least say that they give the chapter, which is primarily concerned with defining cities as collections of organizations, significantly more depth. And it makes those organizations more fun to create. IMO, anyway.

I'm pretty pleased with my contributions to this thing. The Random Adventure Generator does what it says on the tin, and the Island Adventures chapter, though wholly crunch-free (beware!), strikes me as both fun and useful for sparking ideas -- at least, that's what it's intended to be.

How about the Table of Contents? Sure, I don't see the harm in that.
  • Keeping it in the Family 
  • Random Adventure Generator
  • City Adventures 
  • Illondre and Goh’Myreth
  • Island Adventures
  • Hammerhold 
  • Dreams on Dragon Island
  • Cities of the Silver Sea
  • The Sirens of Simris
  • Cornucopeia
  • Undercity Creatures and Island Inhabitants
  • Aspects-only Play 
  • Sleepwalk 
  • Pathwalking
As you can see, there's some actual Anglerre setting info (the Illondre chapter), a bunch of stuff on islands and aquatic adventures, the long-discussed-but-cut-from-the-corebook-for-space system for Aspects-only play, and more. It's going into the "pre-final edit" any minute now, which would seem to indicate it's coming out... soon? Ish?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi
Can you upload Legends of Anglerre-specific pamphlet? Link does not work :(

Mike Olson said...

Hrm... there doesn't seem to be a working link for that anymore, for some reason. And I didn't download it, so we'll have to go to TechOgre to straighten this out.